Emergency Room Errors in Bakersfield
Attorney for Malpractice and Negligence in Bakersfield Emergency Rooms
An emergency room, or ER, is one of the busiest places in a hospital. With numerous doctors and nurses bustling about and numerous patients requiring urgent care all at once, emergency room errors may occur.
Medical malpractice or
negligence in an emergency room may cause serious injury to a patient and may even lead to a patient losing his or her life.
Have you, a friend or family member suffered injury due to an emergency room error? A Bakersfield emergency room error lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group may be able to help. We welcome you to call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-670-8142 to talk about your case and how we can help.
Types of Emergency Room Errors
With its hectic atmosphere, it is no wonder that emergency rooms may be more likely to involve
doctor errors or negligence. Following are some potential examples of emergency room errors:
- Misdiagnosis of a serious medical condition, such as head trauma or a heart attack.
- A patient being given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage amount.
- Failure to accurately diagnose a patient because a doctor does not take the time to review his or her medical history or listen to what the patient has to say.
- Discharging a patient in need of immediate medical care.
- Neglecting patients in need of medical attention.
- A patient contracting an infection due to poor hygiene of emergency room beds or amenities.
Although emergency rooms may be overwhelmed with patients, it is up to the hospital to keep organization in and provide a standard level of medical care and treatment at all times. If this does not occur, patients will suffer.
Our firm is dedicated to helping patients and families who have suffered due to emergency room errors or malpractice.
For a free consultation regarding your potential claim, contact a
Bakersfield emergency room malpractice attorney
at our offices today!